- Hotel vacatures van: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Administratie
- Referentie nr: 36883
- Geplaatst op: 25-08-2021
Algemene informatieAs Procurement Executive within Hilton Supply Management you support meeting the organization’s business goals and works closely with the Procurement Manager and the hotels in the Benelux to achieve overall strategic objectives.
What will it be like to work for this brand?
With thousands of hotels in more than 80 countries, Hilton Worldwide offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travelers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you understand the importance of a proper welcome and know how to offer an exceptional hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Worldwide. Because it’s with Hilton Worldwide where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike. We're Hilton Worldwide, welcome.
What will I be doing?
As Regional Procurement Executive, you support meeting the organization’s business goals in supply management. A Regional Procurement Executive would be required support the Regional Procurement Manager of Supply Management in achieving overall strategic objectives.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the coordination of purchasing of goods and services on the basis of the purchasing provisions and regulations of Hilton Supply Management. You will be performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Benchmark the national and regional suppliers markets and identify new opportunities.
- Interview and select new vendors, using the help of specialists if required
- Seek new opportunities and source new products
- Analyzing of data for buyers in the tender/pre- and post-bid process
- Create and maintain Supply Management reporting models for analyzing data
- Use IT programs including Excel to analyze data
- Create graphical diagrams/charts using IT software for analyzing data
- Examine data to determine opportunities or problem areas in order to provide feedback for improvement/development
- Complete action spend analysis and monthly trend reporting as directed
- Gather appropriate data or information from all relevant sources, e.g team member’s, records, files, databases client-web-based etc.
- Maintain and monitor BirchStreet catalogues and purchasing statistics per hotel on a regional level
- Develop and maintain supply management databases and information systems including BirchStreet, Navision and other systems
- Questionnaire on a timely and accurate basis
- Provide regular departmental correspondence and information upon request, including Supplier notifications
- Ensure all enquiries within specific areas of responsibility are responded to promptly with satisfactory resolution
- Maintain departmental systems for filing and procedural documentation including contracts management
- Maintain rebate tracker and manage supplier invoicing of all rebates
- Consolidate purchasing requirements on a yearly basis in view of agreements renewal
- Organize combined transport of goods from sources abroad in order to minimize transport and handling costs, and communicate such opportunities with other Regional Managers.
- Keep abreast of delivery terms and conditions of nominated suppliers
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative relationships with regional, national, and local suppliers.
- Negotiate prices, ensuring that volume deals and standardization of specifications are agreed whenever possible, covering the maximum number of hotels and conforming to Hilton Supply Management policies & European Laws.
- Provide relevant business information to team members
- Collaborate and provide project and general admin support to the Supply Management team including filing and maintenance of forms and documentation
- Provide administrative support for new hotel openings in conjunction with team
- Ensure hotel, supplier and cross functional department enquiries are directed to the right location within Supply Management
- Liaise on a continuous base with al Hilton Supply Management stakeholders and ensure Hilton Standards are implemented and know throughout the region.
- Attend departmental meetings pertinent to work assignments and topics of analysis
- Assist with scheduling meetings, bookings, and conference calls and preparation of associated support materials
- Research and respond to information requests from management within the hotels
- Support the regional manager with Cost centre Admin including forecasting and invoice posting
- Monitor and maintain quality of products and services provided by suppliers
- Ensure that supply challenges in any hotel are efficiently dealt with
- Support the International Supply Management
- Support the US Supply Management
- Work closely with all cross-functional colleagues
- Any and all other job duties as assigned
A Procurement Executive serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Fluent in the Dutch and English language; speaking and writing
- Experience in analytical environment
- Understanding of statistical analysis techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain analytical topics to others
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Highly numerate and exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure with a flexible approach to effectively handle multiple demands
- Proficient in Excel with the ability to quickly learn new programs as required
- Manage departmental financial commitments including billing, invoicing, cross charging, expense reports, and capital expenditure
- Understanding of company and departmental goals, structure, and strategy
- Make recommendations on issues pertaining to areas of work responsibilities which may improve operations or reduce costs
- Work with colleagues collaboratively to ensure team commitment to departmental goals
- Participate in all necessary training offered and be proactive in requesting training to meet personal developmental needs
- Maintain good relationships with all divisions and branches of the company, suppliers, and contractors
- Work efficiently to control wastage within the department
- Maintain a clean and tidy workstation at all times
- Ensure maintenance and security of company property, equipment, and stock
- Ensure compliance with health and safety with regard to office environment training
- Ensure work tasks are completed accurately and promptly which may require working periodic overtime
- Able to travel occasionally to fulfill business requirements as well as attend departmental meetings and required training
- Completed apprenticeship in the hospitality industry or completed Bachelor Degree in Business studies
- At least 1 year of professional experience
- Preferably professional knowledge of hotel business
- Fluent in Dutch and English, written and spoken
- Very strong competence in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Additional European languages would be an advantage
Your office will be located at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
- Hotel vacatures van: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Karen De Vleeschauwer
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com
Bekijk locatie op kaart