- Hotel vacatures van: QO Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Amstelvlietstraat 4, 1096 GG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Afstudeer Opdracht, Stage
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 24498
- Geplaatst op: 02-07-2019
Don't miss an exciting opportunity to join the QO team as R&B Trainee.
WHO ARE WE?
At QO Amsterdam we run a responsible horeca business that tells the story of sustainable restaurants and bars. We try to play a positive role in the community we live and work in by connecting to the neighborhood at the Amstelkwartier located in Amsterdam Oost. From the circular greenhouse on the roof to the table, we show how a responsible business can be fun and sexy. Our options go from an amazing Dutch Eatery “Persijn” on the ground floor to a stunning Skybar “Juniper & Kin” at 70m height. In between we run a bar/lounge, a semi-open banqueting & events space and room service 2.0.
We welcome applicants from all walks of life and look forward to making long lasting relationships with people passionate about food, drinks and people.
For our ambition to innovate and truly being different we are looking for a R&B Trainee for our Restaurant & Bars outlets. As R&B Trainee you serve our guests in Persijn or Juniper & Kin. You provide a welcoming, inspiring and professional service to all guests and you recognize returning guests. You tell our guests the story behind our concepts, food items and beverages and give recommendations. You demonstrate good knowledge of all menu items and you like what you do. With your friendly and authentic approach you let them feel like they are part of the local community and you surprise guests with unexpected and personalized moments. In addition, it is your responsibility to correctly handle the POS and to maximize sales in the area you work in.
This position will be part of your study; Hotel Management/Business Administration is preferred. The minimum internship period is 5 months, preferably more. You are passionate about food and beverages, always willing to go above and beyond for our guests and a storyteller. You are willing to learn about sustainability, restaurant & bar business and you are eager to improve your skills with us. You have excellent communication skills and you are used to communicate in Dutch as well as in English.
We are a big part of the community and we need to ensure we support it. Your passion and drive will lead your team to deliver on a much better environment and ways of working, as well as getting involved and out and about with the neighbours as part of community projects. You need to work with your team and your neighbours to develop and deliver on these projects.
We’re keen to share our new way of thinking with you. But we know you’ll add a thing or two into the mix too. Your own upbeat way of interacting with people, for example. QO is all about pushing all those positive buttons – of our guests, of your colleagues.
Everyone at the QO has his or her own personality, but we all share a love for honest food and urban exploration, of creating things and playing with things. At the QO you will encounter people who do what they love and love what they do. We call this the QO way of life. And it’s something we share not only with our guests, but also with each other.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
QO Amsterdam is a white label hotel, part of InterContinental Hotels Group and offers a competitive salary and wide package of benefits:
- To experience our guest journey and as part of your brand immersion, you will be invited for a one-night stay at the QO, including breakfast.
- We offer a monthly workshops program and lots of development opportunities.
- Our Living Well programme includes discounts at different gyms.
- To celebrate your birthday with friends and family, you will have an extra day off on your birthday.
- Rise and shine call is offered to colleagues (your personal wakeup call).
- You can travel around the world and make use of discounts within IHG hotels on rooms and F&B and special rates for your friends and family.
- We stimulate social involvement within our community and offer you the possibility to spend 8 hours per year on a local charity.
- Trainee workshops are organized once a month to develop your general knowledge, next to your internship.
JOIN OUR TEAM
This is your wake-up call!
This isn’t a job. It is what a job should be.
A job that brings people together.
Sound good to you? Join us!
It is possible to apply via Whatsapp. Just send a message with video or a short motivation and your experience to +31(0)657859629.
- Hotel vacatures van: QO Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Anouk den Otter
- Adres: Amstelvlietstraat 4
1096 GG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 (0)20 2205 650
- Website: https://www.qo-amsterdam.com