- Hotel vacatures van: W Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Spuistraat 175, 1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 29295
- Geplaatst op: 16-10-2019
Algemene informatieBanqueting Supervisor (Head of Department)
Start your career as Banqueting Supervisor at W Amsterdam where design, music and fashion connect to our guests and create an extraordinary dynamic for the city of canals.
Split across two unique buildings, a former Telephone Exchange building and a Bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary where nights never end and the pulse is set high with a full calendar of exclusive W Happenings.
A magnificent icon where our guests step inside W Amsterdam and go straight to the top and check in at our rooftop W Living Room. Experience the innovative design and luxury of our 238 stylish guestrooms, including 25 suites, three WOW suites and 2 lavish Extreme WOW Suites.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what’s new/next.
Located near Dam Square, W Amsterdam is right in the heart of the city, just steps from the iconic canal district with its vibrant restaurants, bars and nightlife scene and an easy stroll to the boutiques of the 9 Streets district.
Moreover, here is the exciting part - we are looking for a Banqueting Supervisor who is passionate about W, passionate about music, style and design.
It is critical that the Banqueting Supervisor represents the W lifestyle to our guests and customers. All talents are the soul behind the brand and they bring it to life.
- The Banqueting Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations in Banqueting (meetings, events, presentations etc.) in order to WOW our guests whilst ensuring strong Talent engagement and adherence to service standards and operating procedures.
- The Banqueting Supervisor is required to conduct their duties and responsibilities in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, ensuring that the highest level of service is maintained.
- Directly reporting to the B&F Director
- Training and coaching the Banquet operations team
Manage and plan the entire banqueting department in cooperation with the Banquet Sales team
- Stimulate and safeguard the W lifestyle vibe and using creativity to WOW our guests.
- Continuous awareness of costs, material and maintenance
- Manage the day-to-day operations in the Great Room and other meeting spaces to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, standards and aiming at satisfying and exceeding the guests' expectations.
- Constantly inspect meeting set ups and assign various side duties to talents.
- Oversee that the event space and servicing equipment are clean, well maintained and meet all hygiene, health and safety regulations.
- Maintain strong communication within the department and with guests
- Coordinate and supervise special events organizations by creating action plans, planning and implementation efficient manpower, equipment and set up.
- Accomplish a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meetings, writing reports, maintaining a log book of activities, preparing work schedule in order to maximize efficiency of man power, assisting in revising and/or updating HID’s and other specific duties related to the role.
- MBO / HBO Degree required (preferably in Hotel Management)
- Fluency in English & Dutch.
- Experience in 5* Luxury Segment
- Prior experience in Banquet operations is a must
You possess high levels of organizational skills and efficiency and are able to work under pressure. As "Talent”, you represent the W lifestyle to our guests. You are the heart inside the brand - you bring it to life. We do not call W employees "Talent" for nothing. Creative. Exciting. Innovative. W Talents are naturally attracted to the Brand - they "get it"! W Talents are as unique as the brand itself, and cultivate the witty, whimsical, cool W environment. We push the envelope, raise the bar, and strive to be the best.
If you are the right candidate, you will be passionate about the W brand. You will have an upbeat and positive attitude and you are someone who enjoys a challenge! You thrive from working in a high pressure and high volume environment and can think and act quickly if need be. You are a team player and enjoy building relationships with colleagues and customers alike. You generally have a work hard/play hard attitude to life and you enjoy having fun at work as well!
This is an exciting role for an existing Banqueting Supervisor looking for a role where they can establish a new brand and new hotel on the Amsterdam Scene.
Are you the WHO who will WOW us and be part of our W Talent?
- Hotel vacatures van: W Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Renee Booijen
- Adres: Spuistraat 175
1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0031208112500
- Website: http://www.wamsterdam.com
Bekijk locatie op kaart