- Hotel vacatures van: Amsterdam American Hotel
- Standplaats: Leidsekade 97, 1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 110
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan, Parttime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 33019
- Geplaatst op: 23-12-2019
Algemene informatieWorking in the well-known Bar Americain and lobby lounge of the soon to be Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American. Are you able to provide the best possible VIP service and is food and beverage your passion? A music lover? Then Bar Americain is looking for you!
The Bartender is the stepping stone: the first area of service in the lobby. It is essential to provide the guests with a positive experience before they step out of the bar or lobby lounge. Be ready to entertain your guests by shaking cocktails.
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
- Complete environmental checklist for outlet.
- Examine food preparation and beverage presentation.
- Maintain condition of outlet.
- Monitor requisitions and product waste.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all menu items, including ingredients and food allergens, and wine list in order to assist guests and answer questions accurately.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all menu cocktails and wine list in order to assist guests and answer questions accurately.
- Complete bar requisitions.
- Ensure lounge/bar area is clean and in order at all times, including bar, tables, chairs, floors, walls, ceilings, lighting, temperature, music, memorabilia, and décor.
- Greet guests, take food and beverage orders, and suggestive sell.
- Serve food and beverages, ensuring timeliness, completeness, and accuracy.
- Serve beverages, including coffee, tea, cocktails, and wine. Accommodate guests’ special requests whenever possible.
- Maintain tables by clearing finished plates, glassware, silverware, trash, and other items.
- Process payments according to POS and cash handling procedures.
- Ensure all checks are closed out and depositing cash in the prescribed manner.
- Polish and set up china, glassware, silverware, and service items.
- Stock clean linen and discard used linen.
- Set up and empty trash and recycling.
- Set up and stock condiments.
- Clean and stock side stations.
- Set up, maintain, and break down beverage stations.
- Follow all food safety, sanitation, and alcohol service laws and regulations.
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff.
- Provide recognition to others, including co-workers, supervisors, managers, and directors.
- Participate in meetings to learn about global programs, new products and procedures, and to discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and guests.
- Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests.
- Promote property outlets to guests.
- Assist guests in finding locations within the property by escorting, when possible, or giving clear directions.
- Resolve guest complaints using property procedures.
- Addressing guests about undesired and deviant behavior.
- Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from guests, employees, and managers to gain an understanding of strength and opportunity to improve personal/property performance.
- Conduct department Sound Checks.
- Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all.
- Know, understand, and practice (with energy and enthusiasm) the mission, values, mottos, culture and spirit that make Hard Rock unique.
- Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
- Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand.
- Utilize programs designed to help Save the Planet.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform duties in accordance with company standards, policies, and guidelines, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform additional duties as requested by department managers and supervisors.
- Communicate with supervisors and managers to ensure that assigned duties are completed to standard.
- Coordinate operations with other departments, as needed.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
- Review and develop guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat guests.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.
Eexperience, Education, and Certifications
- MBO 2-3 working and thinking level;
- Familiarity with the (legal) safety and (social) hygiene regulations;
- Knowledge of business rules and business formula frameworks.
- Excellent command of English and Dutch (preferably along with a 3rd language)
- Presentable appearance
- Excellent communication and service-related skills
- A highly motivated, flexible personality, with the ability to handle stress well
- Have a proactive attitude, are enterprising and creative
- Conversant with Micros (POS)
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate work under pressure due to peaks in workload.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
Apply via e-mail: email@example.com
- Hotel vacatures van: Amsterdam American Hotel
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Personeelszaken Personeelszaken
- Adres: Leidsekade 97
1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 5563000
- Website: https://www.amsterdamamericanhotel.com/nl/
Bekijk locatie op kaart