- Hotel vacatures van: The Hoxton, Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Herengracht 255, 1015 BJ Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 90
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Management , Overige
- Referentie nr: 31559
- Geplaatst op: 09-08-2019
Algemene informatieWe're looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join our team.
As the Finance Manager you will be responsible for the finance function of the Hoxton Amsterdam. You'll work directly with our European Financial Controller to ensure that we meet compliance and regulatory standards, monitor and manage accounts, and create a best in class finance function.
Once the Mayor’s home, now our home, on Amsterdam’s Herengracht canal. The Hoxton, Amsterdam houses 111 rooms, The Apartment, our meetings & events concept, and our all-day restaurant & bar, Lotti’s.
What you'll do...
- Play a crucial role in making sure our hotel runs efficiently without compromising our overall goal of providing a fantastic guest experience
- Oversee the financial day-to-day, such as managing site revenue (and any variances), overseeing the sales ledger, ensuring payments are made and received as expected
- Be a specialist partner to the teams, their go-to for advice that helps them meet their revenue goals
- Make sure all our financial processes run smoothly, keeping an eye on how we can improve ways of working
- Manage monthly reporting, taking on our month-end process
- Reconcile Monthly Sales and Occupancy tax and process filing & payments to related Government Agencies
- Working with the hotel team and central office to ensure all processes, systems and reporting are in place to effectively manage the hotel
- Responsible for a finance team of two that has full responsibility for the hotel function and co-ordinating with external payroll you will oversee the financial day-to-day for the hotel, including managing site revenue (and any variances), overseeing the sales ledger, ensuring payments are made and received as expected
- Manage monthly reporting, taking on our month-end process that incorporates P&Ls, Balance sheet and cashflow
- Manage, coach and develop your team to be a best in class finance team
- Support operations in building accurate and timely budgets and forecasts
- Reconcile tax and process filing & payments to relevant govt bodies
- Ensuring the external audit is competed on a timely basis and all information requested in presented in a timely manner
- Support in projects that will be implemented across the group
- 3-5 years finance experience
- Technical skill, with a strong understanding of compliance requirements, best practice hotel operations, finance function set up and standard systems (PMS systems, reservations systems etc.)
- A strong grasp of local statutory compliance requirements
- Recent experience of working in a self-accounting hotel. There is a preference for prior experience of reporting into a head office, but the candidate should also show that the initiative and capability to manage a team independent of head office oversight when required.
- A balance between a methodical and process-driven approach and flexibility and creativity when it comes to meeting deadlines and finding solutions
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together, we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
- 25 holidays (plus bank holidays), pension, competitive salary, and nifty rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- The opportunity to embark on an exciting career trajectory in a fast-growing environment
- You’ll be able to be yourself and the best you can be in a relaxed, innovative environment
- You’ll work for an organization committed to not just building new hotels, but also a global brand
- The opportunity to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding
- Free lunch before payday as a treat at the end of the month
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
- Hotel vacatures van: The Hoxton, Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Jacqueline Mooren
- Adres: Herengracht 255
1015 BJ Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 020 888 5555
- Website: https://thehoxton.com/
Bekijk locatie op kaart