- Hotel vacatures van: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Standplaats: Leidsekade 97, 1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 96
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Receptionist(e) Front Office
- Referentie nr: 33022
- Geplaatst op: 03-10-2022
Our Front of House Squad makes sure that guests parade through our hotel whistling (or maybe even singing, dancing or jamming?) every day. Do you have the skills required to provide your guests with the ultimate ‘rockstar experience’? In other words: do you have it in you to rock in this job? If so, we’re looking for you!
As Guest Relations Officer, you are the focal point of the Front of House. You ensure a high level of guest satisfaction and offer all guests an unforgettable experience during their stay by satisfying their needs and surpassing their expectations. You are responsible for handling complaints, organising and communicating guest requests, checking guests in and out, and responding to their enquiries and requests. You maintain guest profiles and ensure that regular guests, VIPs and business customers are recognised and pleasantly surprised.
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
- Lead, direct, and manage all guest requests between the departments. Maintain regular presence throughout the department;
- Review and develop guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat guests;
- Check VIP guests in and out of the hotel in a confident, professional, and friendly manner;
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to ensure daily arrival rooms are cleaned;
- Ensure amenities have been set up and executed;
- Review special requests/needs and assist with the pre-blocking of rooms/suites;
- Maintain knowledge of all property services and hours of operation; restaurant food concepts, menus, dress codes, and ambiance; day/nightlife concepts, dress codes, and ambiance; guest room types, names, layout, amenities, and locations; and room rates, special packages, and promotions;
- Greet guests in all public areas of the property: answer questions, handle requests, and offer directions, as needed;
- Participate in the daily Morning Meetings;
- Be familiar with local events and attractions;
- Ensure an extraordinary experience and create loyalty to the property and Hard Rock brand by exceeding expectations through exceptional service and product quality;
- Resolve guest complaints and suggest changes to management to prevent future issues;
- Present a professional image to guests;
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information;
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Experience, Education, and Certifications
- MBO/HBO training
- Training in Hotel Management / customer service / host(ess)
- Relevant work experience (e.g. hotel guest relations, front office, service & hospitality environment)
- Excellent command of English and Dutch (preferably along with a 3rd language)
- Presentable appearance
- Excellent communication and service-related skills
- A passionate personality
- Flexible attitude
- Have a proactive attitude, are enterprising and creative
- Conversant with Opera (reservation system) and Microsoft Office
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shifts, and working on public holidays
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US
- Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotel Group
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance
- Two free nights per year in an Eden Hotel of your choice
- Substantial discount on even more nights at Eden Hotels, also for Family & Friends
- Team member and family room rate discount at Hard Rock Hotels
- Inhouse experience at Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- 25 days of holiday (based on fulltime contract) and the option to buy 5 extra days of holiday
- Continued self-development at the School of Hard Rock
- Bicycle scheme via the company scheme
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel
- A nice colleague bonus scheme
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom
- Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the great moments in life
- Our Sjoerd Dijkstra foundation dedicates itself on your behalf to beautiful social projects in the hospitality industry for vulnerable groups in society
- At Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
Do you meet our expectations? Or you can convince us why you are the best fit for this position? Send us your motivation and C.V. in the most creative way possible!
Apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel vacatures van: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Personeelszaken Personeelszaken
- Adres: Leidsekade 97
1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 5563000
- Website: https://www.hardrockhotels.com/amsterdam-american/