- Hotel vacatures van: Amsterdam American Hotel
- Standplaats: Leidsekade 97, 1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 110
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan, Parttime baan
- Functie categorie: Receptionist(e) Front Office
- Referentie nr: 33462
- Geplaatst op: 23-01-2020
Algemene informatieOur Front of House Squad makes sure that guests parade through our hotel whistling (or maybe even singing, dancing or jamming?) every day. Do you have the skills required to provide your guests with the ultimate ‘Rockstar experience’? In other words: do you have it in you to rock in this job? If so, we’re looking for you!
The Concierge is the face of the hotel! The first person guests see when they enter the hotel. The concierge is responsible for delivering service in the broadest sense of the term! From providing specific touristic, recreational and gastronomic information to selling items and booking excursions etc. As a concierge you ensure that our guests will enjoy their stay to the fullest by providing the best service and taking all of their worries in your hands. When guests are happy, so are you!
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
- Utilize the property management system to run daily reports and block any special requests.
- Reconcile transactions at the end of each shift, cash out, and maintain a balanced bank.
- Work with Front Office Manager regarding hotel business to keep them informed.
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff.
- Provide recognition to others, including co-workers, supervisors, managers, and directors.
- Participate in meetings to learn about global programs, new products and procedures, and to discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and guests.
- Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests.
- Assist guests in finding locations within the property by escorting, when possible, or giving clear directions.
- Resolve guest complaints using property procedures.
- Create a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential.
- Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from guests, employees, and managers to gain an understanding of strength and opportunity to improve personal/property performance.
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service.
- Participate in Sound Check meetings on each shift.
- Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all.
- Know, understand, and practice (with energy and enthusiasm) the mission, values, mottos, culture and spirit that make Hard Rock unique.
- Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
- Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand.
- Utilize programs designed to help Save the Planet.
- Perform duties in accordance with company standards, policies, and guidelines, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform additional duties as requested by department managers and supervisors.
- Communicate with supervisors and managers to ensure that assigned duties are completed to standard.
- Coordinate operations with other departments, as needed.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
- Review and develop guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat guests.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.
- This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Experience, Education and Certifications
- MBO niveau 2 - 3 working and thinking level
- Broad knowlegde about specific touristic, recreative and gastronomic information in Amsterdam
- Fluent in Dutch and at least one more language.
- And/or previous work experience in service for at least 2 years.
- Job specific knowlegde
- Flexible behavior
- Service oriented mind
- Stress resistant
- Complaint handling
- Ability to comprehend and use basic language, either written or spoken, to communicate information and ideas.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing.
- Strong command of software applications, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and hotel-specific platforms (MICROS Opera, Sabre/SYNXIS, Delphi, SUN, etc.).
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Fluency in English: additional languages preferred.
- A lot of walking and working while standing
- Sometimes nuisance from draft and temperature changes when working indoors / outdoors.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Ability to obtain impressions through the eyes.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds / 5 kilograms.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Understanding of lifestyle hotel products and guest services.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US
- A challenging job;
- Capacity for own creativity and initiative;
- Appropriate salary;
- Discount on overnight stay and F&B in the hotels within our group;
- Training and career opportunities;
- Collective health insurance.
- The Inhouse Experience (after probationary period).
Interested? We look forward to hear from you!
Apply via e-mail: email@example.com
- Hotel vacatures van: Amsterdam American Hotel
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Personeelszaken Personeelszaken
- Adres: Leidsekade 97
1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 5563000
- Website: https://www.amsterdamamericanhotel.com/nl/
Bekijk locatie op kaart