- Hotel vacatures van: W Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Spuistraat 175, 1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Receptionist(e) Front Office
- Referentie nr: 40468
- Geplaatst op: 12-05-2022
Welcome Desk Manager (Front Office Supervisor)
Split across two unique buildings, a former telephone exchange and a bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary style. Mixing historical Dutch architectural elements with cutting-edge design right next to Dam Square, W Amsterdam is at the epicenter of this energetic and forward-thinking city. We offer innovative design and luxury in our 238 stylish guest rooms, including 23 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites. Our guests can indulge in one of our destination restaurants THE DUCHESS and MR PORTER and taste signature sips at our rooftop W Lounge overlooking the Royal Palace and the city lights, including WET Deck the iconic rooftop pool. We offer exclusive access to a vibrant nightlife, dining, shopping and fashion scene with our signature Whatever/Whenever® service, our in-the-know W Insiders and our W Happenings.
W Hotels does not recruit, we cast Talent. W Amsterdam, located at Spuistraat 175 is casting a Welcome Desk Manager. You will be joining the Welcome Desk Team. This team is responsible for the Welcome Desk in the Exchange Building, as well as the Bank Building. They are also in charge of the Whatever Whenever Department (call center).
- Reports directly to the Welcome Office Manager
- Responsible for the daily operations at our Welcome Desk. You are part of a bigger team, and the entire team is responsible for making the guests dreams come true.
- Make sure you put the guests at the center of everything we do. Any task that is not mentioned in this list but that may create an unforgettable experience for our guests is on your to do list.
- Being in the know: You are the expert when it comes to the hotel and the city, and you know all the ins and outs on our hotel facilities and possibilities in and around the hotel.
- Welcoming and helping guests throughout their stay. Ensure you are following service standards and operating procedures from the beginning to the end of each interaction.
- Showing guests our Whatever/Whenever service while they are with us, and connect with them to be able to personalize that service, creating memorable experiences.
- Assist staff with expediting problem payments (e.g., problems processing credit card)
- Follow up with guest regarding satisfaction with guest-related issues
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check-in (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp
- Anticipate sold-out situations and obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations when the property cannot accommodate guests with reservations
- Block rooms in the computer and identify designated requirements and requests
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Welcome Ambassadors, Style department) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem). We are ALL-IN, and have more teams that we cooperate with. We expect you to be flexible to work with other departments. You’re not the only one on stage.
- Communicating with your team and other departments is key. The Style department will be on speed dial. Couldn’t live without them.
- Assist management in training, motivating, and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information
- You will be on rotating shifts. Weekends are busiest, as well as evening/nights, so expect to be on shift then.
- You will be working in a fast paced environment, under pressure, with loud music. Gotta love it.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns in our whatever whenever department
- Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy
- Fluency in English
- Dutch and any other language is appreciated
- Minimum of one year Front Office Supervisor/ Team Leader
- Experience in 5* Luxury Segment
- Valid working permit for The Netherlands.
Show the world what you got by joining a global community of talent who see the world in a different way. Bring your style and your spirit: We’ll bring a work culture where you can shine. We work hard, we play hard, and we want to inspire you to grow. W talent help our guests live life to the fullest while living their dreams.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Hotel vacatures van: W Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Human Resources
- Adres: Spuistraat 175
1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0031208112500
- Website: http://www.wamsterdam.com