- Hotel vacatures van: Crowne Plaza Amsterdam-South
- Standplaats: George Gershwinlaan 101, 1082 MT Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 85
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Receptionist(e) Front Office
- Referentie nr: 9445
- Geplaatst op: 29-08-2019
Do you want to the team of the award winning Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - South as Night Auditor?
Your passion for excellence and guest service is your motivator to drive the night team to excel in what they do. You are the person that finds the personal touch in every interaction and handling, while having guest safety as your top priority during the night. You share your eye for detail with the night team, having as your main goal to be "to be the best Crowne Plaza Hotel in the Region" and remain in top 25 hotels on Tripadvisor in Amsterdam.
As Night Auditor, you will be acting as Manager on Duty during the night and support the night team, which consists of 3 employees. You lead and control all activities during the night and guarantee the required level of quality in regards to guest satisfaction, problem handling, member recognition, while performing the end of day tasks. During your night shifts you oversee all hotel operations to ensure guest satisfaction and safety. You will lead the decision-making process when it comes to guest relocation, and be the responsible for the Fire Life and Safety during the night.
Duties and responsibilities
- Being informed about the available rooms at the start of the shift
- Caring for the best possible occupancy for the best possible rate
- Caring for the night audit and all administrative tasks included.
- Taking care of own cash float up to a maximum of €2.000,00
- Making sure that the end of day is performed correctly
- Our people:
- Must be familiar with the Front Office house rules
- Following the instructions of the Management Team, the (assistant) Front Office Manager or his/her substitute
- At the start of the shift, checking the Night mailbox, the Front Office mailbox and the Might e-mail
- Taking care for the wellbeing of the night workers
- Motivating, stimulating, coaching and training of the Front Office night employees
- Being a contact person with the outsourced agency, when it comes to scheduling or other topics.
- Filling out a “Call in Sick form” in case an employee called in sick, and if necessary arranging other employees to take their shift over
- Coordinating of the communication with other departments
- Advising the Front Office manager by making the work schedule for the night
- Being aware of the scheduled operational businesses
- Keeping the night-manual up to date
- Checking in and out of guests according to established procedures
- Correct handling of messages from / to guests and employees
- Reporting complaints and particularities accordingly
- Accepting and processing of wake-up calls
- You will also be
- Having the technical skills to work with all Front Office tools and having the knowledge about what actions to take in case of failure
- Making sure that the hotel policies and procedures will be carried out at night
- Ensuring that there will be worked according the Crowne Plaza Standards, Absolute Service Standards and the night manual
- Walking of security rounds during the night
- Being the Manager on Duty during the night, also responsible for Fire Lire and Safety
- Being informed about internal information, reports and relevant knowledge to perform the shift sufficiently
- Leading, performing and coordinating of safety- and contingency procedures that are specifically during the night
- Taking care of the general safety within the hotel during the night
- Report when Front Office equipment doesn’t function the way it should
All of the above are according to the guidelines of Crowne Plaza and IHG Standards.
Qualifications and requirements
MEAO / MHS possibly supplemented with practice certificate bookkeeping
A minimum of one year experience as Night Coordinator
- Control of Dutch and English language verbally and written
- Knowledge of a third language is a benefit (preferably French, German or Spanish)
- Numeric insight
- Good communicative skills
- Guest oriented
- Can work well in a team
- Experienced with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Opera would be beneficial
- Having a BHV and Social Hygiene diplomas is a plus
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
If you apply for one of our vacancies, you will make certain personal details available to Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - South. Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - South only stores and uses personal data that has been provided by you directly, or information that is clear that it has been made available for processing. Your data will be stored during the vacancy procedure. If necessary, you can request a privacy statement.
- Hotel vacatures van: Crowne Plaza Amsterdam-South
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Petra Tesselaar
- Adres: George Gershwinlaan 101
1082 MT Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 020 - 5043666
- Website: https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/nl/nl/amsterdam/amspc/hoteldetail