- Hotel vacatures van: Park Plaza Utrecht
- Standplaats: Westplein 50, 3531 BL Utrecht, Utrecht
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 32
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Revenue Management
- Referentie nr: 45552
- Geplaatst op: 16-08-2023
PPHE Hotel Group is looking for a financial professional who would love to work in a company were development is key. Not only in business context, but also on a personal level. Are you interested? Then come and join us as an Assistant Business Controller, you will drive operational efficiency and provide commercial support. You will be in an integral position to ensure hotel performance and profitability in a rapidly changing environment, as a member of the hotel leadership team of Park Plaza Utrecht and Park Plaza Eindhoven.
About the role:
The Assistant Business Controller is a business partner that drives operational and commercial value whilst creating strategic insights. This role is responsible for ensuring there is a robust financial control environment and compliance with corporate policies & procedures. You will have oversight and financial responsibility for two hotel activities, in which you will be supported by the central finance team in the region including two Senior Business Controllers.
You will primarily work from Park Plaza Utrecht or Park Plaza Eindhoven, but also travel regularly to Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam where most of the central finance team in the Netherlands is based.
Reporting and Analysis: Provision of valuable insight that drives performance and continuous improvement:
- Oversight and production of monthly management & financial reporting for two hotels;
- Preparation of accurate & insightful commentary including weekly forecasts, monthly business reviews, and forecasts;
- Liaison and support to the centralised transactional team to ensure accurate, efficient and effective processes;
Financial Control: Completion of control activities and monitoring & review of performance against agreed key financial controls & KPIs:
- Completion of monthly balance sheet reviews and analytical review, ensuring adequate back-up for postings and accuracy of balances;
- Monitors and reviews performance against agreed key financial controls;
- Monitors and reviews hotel cash flow performance and inventory management;
- Review and authorisation of hotel expenditure, bank payments and weekly/monthly rotas.
Budgeting and Forecasting: Coordination, preparation, and presentation of yearly hotel budgets and monthly and weekly forecasts.
Performance Improvement: Delivering pro-active support & advice on strategic & operational decision making
- Actively manage and review margin performance & operational efficiency, to improve hotel conversion and maximising hotel asset value;
- Providing financial support and guidance to the General Manager(s) in their meetings.
Our dream Assistant Business Controller:
- You completed an HBO / WO level education in the field of Hotel Management, Business Administration, Economics and/or Finance;
- Do you have a solid financial/administrative background and are you ready to take the next step? Great!
- Experience with Excel and any knowledge of Opera, Symphony, SUN, Dyflexis and/or Adaco? Even better!
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English language;
- Hospitality is in your DNA!
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive salary
- Meals provided
- Company pension plan
- 25 days holiday + 1 extra day ‘wellbeing day’
- Job opportunities within PPHE Hotel Group across Europe
- Heavily discounted hotel & restaurants rates (also extends to family & friends)
- Travel allowance (maximum €200 per month based on a full-time employment.)
- 5 x bonuses per year: birthday, Christmas, New Year, Autumn & Summer.
- Recommend a friend scheme (earn up to €1500 for each friend who joins us)
- 8% holiday allowance (paid yearly in May)
- KHN Collective Labour Agreement – CAO Horeca & Catering
- Annual staff parties and outings
- Exclusive discounts in the employee benefit store (www.personeelsvoordeelwinkel.nl)
- Discount on the collective health insurance from VGZ.
- Departmental incentive scheme.
- (Online) Learning & Development opportunities to grow as a professional
Renowned for creating memorable moments, PPHE Hotel Group caters to both leisure and business travelers with stylish guest rooms and versatile meeting facilities which are perfectly complemented by award-winning restaurants and bars.
PPHE Hotel Group. Create with us.
- Hotel vacatures van: Park Plaza Utrecht
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Jasmine Wong
- Adres: Westplein 50
3531 BL Utrecht, Utrecht
- Telefoonnummer: 00 31 615397937
- Website: http://jobs.pphe.com
Bekijk locatie op kaart