- Hotel vacatures van: Soho House Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Spuistraat 210, 1012 VT Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 152
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Sales en marketing, banquet sales
- Referentie nr: 34652
- Geplaatst op: 05-01-2021
Algemene informatieMember Events Manager - Soho House Amsterdam
Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia with new openings planned globally.
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
At Soho House, the Member Events Manager is responsible for creating special moments and continuing the “magic” within our Houses and physical locations. They will be programming, planning and executing innovative events for a Soho House region, using Soho House’s guiding principle of curating creative events for a community. Soho House events are designed to inspire members and connect the community. The Member Events Manager will be responsible for curating and producing regular memorable member events, all to the highest creative standards. The programming and its success can be measured by retaining and gaining new members.
A successful Member Events Manager is an organised storyteller with their finger on the pulse with for cultural trends as well as talent and brings fresh ideas to the table that continues to engage members, guests and staff.
The Member Events Manager will report into the Head of Membership & Communications for that House or Region.
Your responsibilities are...
- Lead member events and House programming to connect the creative membership community through hyper-local story telling achieved by creating diverse and innovative experiences that result in positive feedback
- Conceive unconventional and memorable member events (eg. booking talent for a unique event, an artist residency or building a bowling alley)
- Propose trends, technology and leading innovations for new event formats (including digital) and collaborate with the team on themes and installations for big events, like Halloween and New Years Eve
- Inspire members, talent and all Soho House teams when meeting to create and implement events
- Work across all cross functional teams: Operations, design, content, creative, digital, events, partnerships to deliver on all strategic objectives
- Facilitate events by connecting members to other members and allow opportunities for events to be hosted by members
- Build and create a robust database of bands, name talent and trends so that the House calendar is capturing the current cultural zeitgeist
- Ensure innovative events & programming are united around our global monthly themes
- Create systems to track the booking and forward planning of events so that deadlines and budgets are always met and work closely with the General Managers to ensure events deliver on business goals
- Content curation that tells a story and connects members digitally or in-person
- Oversee team management including but not limited to recruitment, on-boarding, training, payroll and disciplinary procedures. Oversee staff performance, conducting appraisals and strategising with leadership to assess performance and development while maintaining professional relationships
- Adhere to health and safety policy (I.e. IIPP, worker’s comp procedures, and allergy procedures) and implement, monitor and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures and standards and local, state and federal law as applicable
- Program to drive late night attendance of members in our Houses
- Attend Heads of Departments meetings on a regular basis
- Have regular presence on the floor and work alongside Membership Managers to answer any and all member needs or inquiries
- Minimum of 5+ years of cultural event programming or cultural event production experience
- Influential leader driven by data driven analytics and relationships built throughout the creative community to ensure proper process, effective programs and technology are in place to support further growth and develop through membership recruitment, pipeline, process and member retention
- Creatively driven and culturally in-tune to develop / foster a network and knowledge to execute large scale events
- Collaborative and communicates well to provide direction / delegation to efficiently accomplish task(s) at hand
- Research as well as exceptional organizational skills and extraordinary relationship building skills
- Ability to multitask and execute under pressure and in demanding fast-paced environments
- Knowledge of digital tactics, such as SEO (search engine optimisation, digital asset optimisation, social media optimisation and even micromedia optimisation)
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, a proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance, and administrative initiatives
- Critical thinker and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively
- An essential part of the job is being available on a flexible schedule and being willing to work outside “office hours”. For example, nights, weekends and holidays (as needed and when applicable). This may or may not be required on a regular basis but is mandatory when needed.
- Hospitality or music experience a plus not a must
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- One of the most competitive salaries within the hospitality industry.
- Fantastic career growth and personal development opportunities, with an opportunity to travel abroad with us.
- Meal on shift.
- Our food and drinks network, Cookhouse & House Tonic. which offers a monthly calendar of interactive trainings, guest demonstrations from industry professionals, sourcing and tasting trips and our own in-house magazine
- Our team events, from fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Subsidised gym memberships, health insurance, pension and great other discounts across our sites.
- Hotel vacatures van: Soho House Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Melissa van Kleef
- Adres: Spuistraat 210
1012 VT Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 020-8880305
- Website: http://www.sohohouseamsterdam.com/en
Bekijk locatie op kaart