- Hotel vacatures van: W Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Spuistraat 175, 1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Sales en marketing, banquet sales
- Referentie nr: 37498
- Geplaatst op: 14-10-2021
Algemene informatieSenior Events Specialist
Split across two unique buildings, a former telephone exchange and a bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary style. Mixing historical Dutch architectural elements with cutting-edge design right next to Dam Square, W Amsterdam is at the epicenter of this energetic and forward-thinking city. We offer innovative design and luxury in our 238 stylish guest rooms, including 23 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites. Our guests can indulge in one of our destination restaurants THE DUCHESS and MR PORTER and taste signature sips at our rooftop W Lounge overlooking the Royal Palace and the city lights, including WET Deck the iconic rooftop pool. We offer exclusive access to a vibrant nightlife, dining, shopping and fashion scene with our signature Whatever/Whenever® service, our in-the-know W Insiders and our W Happenings.
W Hotels does not recruit, we cast Talent. W Amsterdam, located at Spuistraat 175 is casting an Events Specialist. You will be joining the Sales and Evens team.
- Planning, selling and managing groups and events for W Amsterdam, from the enquiry stage to the execution (including invoicing and after sales).
- Work in accordance with budget guidelines, ensuring minimum numbers and pricing guidelines when quoting for business, however taking in account when flexibility is needed to close the businesses.
- Manage and participate in all event sales activities to maximize revenues
- Maintain effective and appropriate liaison with clients whilst on property for site inspections and events. To be actively involved in client educational, entertainment and sales as appropriate.
- Pro-actively analyses and follow up on business leads. Involve the Sales Team when needed to convert leads.
- Solicit new meeting and events accounts. This will consist of telephone solicitation, site inspections, and written communication and file maintenance (in house sales).
- Contact clients in order to discuss all meeting / accommodation details and actively up sell to maximize revenues.
- Continuously review and improve internal operations methods in own Department.
- Being in the know: You are the expert when it comes to W Amsterdam and you know all the ins and outs on our hotel facilities and possibilities
- Showing guests our Whatever/Whenever service and connect with them to be able to personalize our service, creating memorable experiences.
- We are ALL-IN, and have more teams that we cooperate with . We expect you to be flexible to work with other departments. You’re not the only one on stage.
- Communicating with your team and other departments is key. Couldn’t live without them.
- Make sure you put the guests at the center of everything we do. Any task that is not mentioned in this list but that may create an unforgettable experience for our guests is on your to do list.
- At least 2 year experience in a similar role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English language
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management is preferred.
- Experience with Opera PMS & S&C
- Work Permit for The Netherlands is required.
Show the world what you got by joining a global community of talent who see the world in a different way. Bring your style and your spirit: We’ll bring a work culture where you can shine. We work hard, we play hard, and we want to inspire you to grow. W talent help our guests live life to the fullest while living their dreams.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Hotel vacatures van: W Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Human Resources
- Adres: Spuistraat 175
1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0031208112500
- Website: http://www.wamsterdam.com
Bekijk locatie op kaart