At Pulitzer Amsterdam we are true storytellers and you only have to step inside to know why! It is the home of 225 unique guest rooms, the timeless Pulitzer’s Bar, café Pulitzer Garden and the modern-Dutch restaurant Jansz., all with stories we can’t help but share.
The beating heart of Pulitzer Amsterdam is its team: motivated, passionate and genuine people with service in their veins. We are social and charming by nature, creating everlasting memories for our guests.
Do you like being the spider in the web and do you get energy from organising and planning meetings, dinners and events in a stylish building? Then we have the vacancy within the Events department for you, as our new Groups & Events Specialist.
What exactly will I be doing as a Groups & Events Specialist?
As Groups & Events Specialist, you will be the guest's first contact who wants to organise an event, meeting, multi-day conference or private dinner at hotel Kimpton De Witt or Pulitzer Hotel. In addition, you handle all requests for large room blocks. Together you will discuss the possibilities and look for solutions for the best experience for the group - nothing is too crazy with all the options we have to offer. You work in a small and enthusiastic team, no day is the same. You handle requests, write quotations and make sure this is clearly communicated internally. As Groups & Events Specialist, you are the linchpin between all departments and come up with creative ideas to achieve the annual targets.
You like to bring order out of chaos, so we have already listed your activities:
- Handling requests via email and phone, within 24 hours of the request being received
- Scheduling and giving tours of Kimpton De Witt and Pulitzer to inform and enthuse guests about our venues
- Preparing quotes and event scripts
- Liaising closely with the F&B outlets and Front of House teams to bring everyone up to date, you initiate internal meetings when necessary
- In the run-up to the event, you have regular contact with the guest about booking details
- After the event, you contact the guest to ask if everything went well
- You maintain contact with your guests in order to build a good relationship
We are looking for a Superstar Groups & Events Specialist with the following attributes:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Who has an energetic aura that is contagious to your guests
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English and Dutch
- Energy, passion and spontaneity suit your character and you show them in the work you do
- Network management is right up your street, you approach your guests in a personal way
- You think in terms of solutions and possibilities, always looking for what is possible
- You do not let stress get the better of you when your workload is high
- Knowledge of the Opera reservation system (plus) and Salesforce (plus)
Salary will be discussed during interview process
What’s in it for you?
Experience Stay at Pulitzer Amsterdam as part of our introduction program
5 complimentary nights per year at Lore Group hotels
Employee and Friends & Family discount rates at Lore Group hotels
50% discount in restaurants & bars at 16 partner hotels in the city
Unlimited appointments per year with a psychologist or coach via OpenUp
Prepared meals in the canteen
Discount on Health Insurances
Clothing allowance (if applicable)