- Hotel vacatures van: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Sales en marketing, banquet sales
- Referentie nr: 2573
- Geplaatst op: 13-05-2019
Join the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a renowned property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
Our Business Development Team is looking for an enthusiastic Group, Conference & Events Organizing Executive. Are you interested in this position? Don't hesitate and apply now!
You will be responsible for organizing the events that take place in our hotel. This can vary from a small meeting to a large event. Maintaining contact with our national and international clients plays a major role. At a summary level, the role of the GC&E Organizing Executive is;
- To manage all contracted Group, Conference and Event bookings from when the booking is contracted until handing over to the operations team on the day of the event
- To maximize Group, Conference, and Event revenue through proactive up-selling, effective administration, and outstanding customer service as part of the on-property customer facing part of the GC&E Team
- To collect all deposits for each event assigned prior to event date arrival
- To actively develop successful customer partnerships, contributing to the profitability of the hotel and securing future and repeat business whilst ensuring a clear and effective line of communication is maintained with the GC&E Sales Team and Event Operations and Front Desk within the hotel
- To support all activities that drive sales at the hotel, ensuring customer satisfaction at all times
- To help drive GC&E business forward by following the business processes prescribed by the GC&E Manager and/or the Director of Business Development
- To implement all processes owned by the Group, Conference & Events office in an accurate manner
- To assist clients with all organisational and events related queries to deliver a successful event
- To work towards deadlines, inserting rooming lists in a timely manner and follow up on information required for internal department preparations for groups and events
- To take an active team role in the department on a daily basis
Please check out the video for some more insight in such a role within Hilton Worldwide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBYaMC7Sa0c
The ideal candidate is/has;
- Minimum experience of 2 years in a similar position
- Commercial attitude and result driven
- Fluent in English (oral and written) & Dutch is preffered
- A passion for hotel business
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Travel allowance
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply now and become part of the Hilton family!
- Hotel vacatures van: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Mike Oosterbaan
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com