- Hotel vacatures van: Radisson Hotel & Suites Amsterdam South
- Standplaats: Professor W.H. Keesomlaan 14, 1183 DJ Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 45
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Technische dienst
- Referentie nr: 38259
- Geplaatst op: 13-12-2021
Algemene informatieWe at Cycas Hospitality have a team of dedicated associates that get to be their true selves so that they can deliver positively outstanding service! We put people at the heart of everything we do and are always looking to recruit a friendly, spirited, outgoing new Radisson associates for our hotel.
Radisson Hotel & Suites Amsterdam South will feature studio, one-bed and two-bedroom apartments each with their own fully equipped kitchen. Located in Amstelveen, to the south of the city, the 10-storey hotel is within walking distance of the international companies who have their headquarters in Amsterdam’s booming district. We have convenient transport links to the Zuidas, central business district (3km), city centre (6km) and Schiphol Airport (8km), making it well placed to cater for the growing demand for extended-stay accommodation options in this part of the city.
As a Handyman/Maintenance Employee you are responsible for maintaining all facilities in the hotel as well as the hotel building itself. You concentrate on repairing and maintenance tasks and coordinate in the operational performance of specialist technical work based on the maintenance plan.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Have a thorough knowledge of all plant and equipment in the hotel and maintain these in efficient working order by following routine maintenance procedures.
- Adopt a proactive approach by carrying out a regular walk round the hotel and grounds to ensure potential problems are dealt with promptly.
- Carry out short term (reactive) maintenance work e.g. repairs affecting guest bedrooms and services as a matter of urgency but adhering to all safety procedures and causing minimum disruption to guests.
- Carry out weekly check of all fire alarms within the hotel and take action in line with Standard Operating Procedures if any are found to be faulty.
- Have knowledge of and operate hotel security and emergency procedures.
- Respect guests’ privacy at all times.
- Deal with complaints/problems politely and positively and make every effort to resolve them. If you cannot resolve them refer to your General Manager but, in any case, advise full details to your General Manager at the first opportunity.
- Communicate daily with all departments and deal appropriately with any maintenance issues raised, giving priority to those issues which compromise Health & Safety or security.
- Communicate with contractors on site to ensure that Permits to Work are completed in compliance with Company Health & Safety procedures.
- Carry out work on ad hoc projects using your skills and knowledge to ensure the most efficient and effective outcome for the hotel.
- Use, operate and store all tools, equipment and materials safely and securely to comply with statutory regulations e.g. CRespond to call out in line with rota and department standard practice.
- Carry out checks of maintenance materials at least weekly, keeping stock levels to the minimum necessary to maintain continuity of service.
- Maintain operational standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene, health and safety and ensure that there is minimal wastage.
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook.
- Comply with company grooming and uniform standards.
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximise opportunities for self development.Customer Service
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
- Understand and anticipate guest needs
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
- Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers.
Health Safety & Security
- Demonstrate an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your line manager.
- You get the job done.
- You have a technical background and/or training (MBO level 3-4 / Electrical).
- Previous technical experiences in Hotels is preferable
- You have excellent understanding of the Dutch and English language.
- You are flexible, and able to work in different shifts (day, evening, weekend) and willing to perform any other duties.
- A valid residence and working permit for the Netherlands is required
- English speaking; Dutch is not mandatory
- Willing to work different shifts, including weekends & holidays.
- Provides Yes I Can! Genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction
- Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behaviour and genuine hospitality
- A fun and happy workplace where you get to be your true self
- A family of employees with a work hard, play hard mentality
- Travel allowance
- Free parking
- Housing for up to two months in a studio-room with kitchen
- Get attractive employee discounts in all Radisson Hotels worldwide
- Employee discounts in our other Cycas Hospitality properties
- Become part of a young growing hospitality company
We are too ‘CYCAS’ to be grumpy. .... our job isn’t over until we get a smile!
- Hotel vacatures van: Radisson Hotel & Suites Amsterdam South
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Gaelle Verbeek
- Adres: Professor W.H. Keesomlaan 14
1183 DJ Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0638319728
- Website: https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/hotels/radisson-hotel-and-suites-amsterdam-south?cid=a:se+b:gmb+c:emea+i:local+e:rad+d:cese+h:NLAMSSTH
Bekijk locatie op kaart