- Hotel vacatures van: W Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Spuistraat 175, 1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Technische dienst
- Referentie nr: 41162
- Geplaatst op: 03-06-2022
Algemene informatieChief Engineer
Split across two unique buildings, a former telephone exchange and a bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary style. Mixing historical Dutch architectural elements with cutting-edge design right next to Dam Square, W Amsterdam is at the epicenter of this energetic and forward-thinking city. We offer innovative design and luxury in our 238 stylish guest rooms, including 23 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites. Our guests can indulge in one of our destination restaurants THE DUCHESS and MR PORTER and taste signature sips at our rooftop W Lounge overlooking the Royal Palace and the city lights, including WET Deck the iconic rooftop pool. We offer exclusive access to a vibrant nightlife, dining, shopping and fashion scene with our signature Whatever/Whenever® service, our in-the-know W Insiders and our W Happenings.
W Hotels does not recruit, we cast Talent. W Amsterdam, located at Spuistraat 175 is casting a Chief Engineer. As a Chief Engineer, you report directly to the General Manager. Furthermore, you will be managing budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. You are accountable for maintaining the building and grounds with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. You assign, track and follow up on status of work assigned to staff and contractors. You help to increase guest and employee satisfaction through effective communications and training.
This is a key role within the Executive Committee and as such should take a senior manager's overview of the hotel's operation to ensure the hotel achieves its guest and talent satisfaction and profitability goals.
Main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- You will be in charge of maintaining the entire hotel facilities, including the physical plant including equipment, life safety systems, refrigeration, all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, water treatment, HVAC systems and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventive maintenance programs.
- Ensuring that all legal requirements are complied with, and that budgetary goals are met.
- Responsible for the security and safety of guests and talent in the hotel, especially in relation to Fire & Life Safety, evacuation and security issues, together with the Security team onsite.
- Ensure full compliance with, and implementation of Dutch Legislation, plus Corporate and Hotel policies and procedures.
- Maintains accurate logs and records as required. Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Oversees distribution of repair work orders.
- Monitors timeliness and quality of completion of repair work orders.
- Effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
- Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Selects and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
- You are part of a bigger team, and the entire team is responsible for making the guests dream come true.
- You will be working in a fast paced environment, under pressure. Gotta love it.
- We are ALL-IN, and have more teams that we cooperate with . We expect you to be flexible to work with other departments. You’re not the only one on stage. You act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Engineering and Welcome Desk and Style.
- Communicating with your team and other departments is key. Couldn’t live without them.
- Make sure you put the guests at the center of everything we do. Any task that is not mentioned in this list but that may create an unforgettable experience for our guests is on your to do list.
- Minimum of 3-year experience in the same or similar role
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Dutch and any other language is appreciated
- Experience in the Luxury Segment is an advantage
- Valid Work Permit for The Netherlands is required
- Familiar with the maintenance of swimming pools and responsible for daily measurements and assuring all pool safety rules and regulations are enforced
Show the world what you got by joining a global community of talent who see the world in a different way. Bring your style and your spirit: We’ll bring a work culture where you can shine. We work hard, we play hard, and we want to inspire you to grow. W talent help our guests live life to the fullest while living their dreams.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Hotel vacatures van: W Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Human Resources
- Adres: Spuistraat 175
1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0031208112500
- Website: http://www.wamsterdam.com
Bekijk locatie op kaart